Thursday, August 06, 2015

You Can Only Step On The Sighteds

The events in this post occured two days ago...

              So, I’m sitting on the train, bookbag on my lap, and my braillenote on top of that when a woman gets onto the train. What caused this woman to stand out from the other traingoers, were her repeated “excuse me”’s as she walked past me.
              After about a minute or two she stops, and I see her standing near the pole (I assume she’s holding on).
              “You can’t just push like that,” A woman with a light voice and Russian accent admonishes.
              “Well, it seems like people don’t understand the word ‘excuse me’. So what else I’m supposed to do?” Ms. Excuse Me sounded…well, black.
              “Well, I can’t move anywhere. I can’t step on her. She can’t see.”
              I look up innocently, my eyes wide. I know that the laughter is written all over my face.
              Silence.
              So, were I able to see, it would have been perfectly alright to step on me?
*a picture of my braillenote is included
BrailleNote Apex BT 32 Braille Notetaker

No comments:

Post a Comment